Wednesday, May 8, 2013

m&m marshmallow brownies



Remember the basic Brownie here, ya well I've made it even better.

Yes, start with that butter and sugar on your pan.

2 cubes butter
1/3 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cup Gluten free flour
*2 small bags of M&Ms (optional)
1 package of mini marshmallows
1-1/4 tsp xantham gum

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt butter, Stir in cocoa, sugar, eggs, & vanilla.  In a separate bowl mix gluten free flour and xantham gum.  Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients.  Mix well.  Add one m&m bag. The batter will be a little thick so I usually try and plop it on in different areas and then smooth it as even as possible in the pan.  You want to be careful not to lift the sugar off the bottom of the pan.   Bake for 40-45 minutes.  Stick a toothpick in the center to make sure it is almost done.  Add your bag of marshmallows and another m&m bag and bake for an additional 5 minutes.




The picture above is right when I added the m&m bag and the marshmallows.


This is after 5 minutes.



Let it cool completely and the marshmallows will flatten out a bit.  


Add chocolate frosting.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter (melted)
1/3 cup cocoa
Powder sugar

Melt butter and cocoa together on the stove over medium heat.  Add powdered sugar and cream to a consistency that you desire.  In this particular one I added 2 cups powder sugar, but sometimes I like it gooey and sometimes I like it with a thicker consistency.  It's up to you. 


My 2 year old.  Isn't he yummy?  
Yes, he likes chicks, coloring on himself, & BROWNIES!

My 6 year old who asked for seconds.  This brownie is delicious!

* There are times when I don't have the M&M bags and so I don't use them.  Either way it is really good.  These brownies are really rich and messy, just the way I like them. 
ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment